Skip the Line St. Mark's Basilica Guided Tour with Gondola Ride
Breathe in the opulence of the floating city with a delightful 30-minute gondola ride. After which, you will get the chance to explore the iconic Mark’s Cathedral, the beating heart of Venice, in a hassle-free guided tour with skip the line access.
- Enjoy the grandeur of Venice through its canals in the iconic gondola on a 30-minute shared gondola ride.
- Explore the waterways and the celebrated parts of the Grand Canal including the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Desdemona’s House and Mozart’s House.
- Discover St. Mark's Basilica, the beating heart of Venice, on an immersive guided tour, available in English, German, Spanish and French.
Enjoy the Grandeur of Venice on a 30-Minute Shared Gondola Ride
On this delightful 30-minute Gondola ride, you will get the chance to marvel at the Mozart House, as well as the worldwide famous La Fenice Theatre. You will proceed along the Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” leading into the most enchanting part of the Grand Canal, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. You will also cruise past the Salute Church and Punta della Dogana. Enjoy great views of Venice's top attractions from a unique vantage point.
Discover St. Mark's Basilica on an Immersive Guided Tour
After the gondola ride, you will join a small group guided tour for the St. Mark’s Basilica, known as Basilica di San Marco, the cathedral dates back to 1092 AD. Built in the Italo-Byzantine and Gothic architecture, it has the most awe-inspiring façade facing the Piazza San Marco. The basilica is Venice’s most iconic landmark and harks back to the era when Venice was the economic and cultural powerhouse of Europe. Its decadent gold ground mosaics and majestic design lend it the epithet ‘Chiesa d’Oro or the Church of Gold.
This tour is perfect for those who are looking for a typical Venetian experience as well as a brief history lesson on the floating city! With tours like these, we guarantee you a picture perfect visit to Venice.
- Gondola Ride for 30 minutes in a shared boat.
- Skip the line entrance tickets of St. Mark’s Basilica and Pala d'Oro.
- Shared guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica with commentary by a professional guide.
- Map and descriptions of the Palaces you will get to see on your Gondola ride.
- Audio receiver devices in case the tour group is larger than 10 people.
- Commentary during the gondola ride.
- Food and beverages.
Know Before You Go
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party; each gondola can host maximum 6 people.
- The seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest’s weight.
November 1st 2018 - March 31st 2019: From Monday to Saturday at 11:00 AM. This tour is two hours long.
November 1st, December 8th & 25th 2018, January 1st & 6th 2019.
- English: Available daily.
- German: Available on Monday and Friday.
- French: Available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Spanish: Available on Wednesday and Saturday.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (children aged between 2-5 years) are available at a reduced price of 32 EUR. Participants above the age of 5 pay full price.
Make sure you assemble at Calle Larga dell' Ascension, in front of the Post Office behind Saint Mark’s Square, 15 minutes before departure.
By Ferry: Board line B and get off at the S.Marco station. Walk onto Piazza San Marco/Salita S. Moise. Turn left onto Calle Larga Ascensione and on your left, you will see the Museum Correr and the Post office opposite its entrance.
St. Mark’s Cathedral is a religious place of worship and therefore, it is advisable to wear clothes that cover your knees and elbows. Shorts and tank tops will not be allowed.
Unfortunately, this gondola cruise is not wheelchair accessible and it not suitable for participants with impaired mobility.
The Basilica does not have any baggage facilities. Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (as there are no storage facilities).
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Great offers and quality service!
Wasn’t sure about my tour to Venice so I checked the headout app and literally found everything I needed to know
Our tour guide at the Basilica was SO fun, he also was proficient in over 8 languages: SUCH TALENT!
You will receive an email confirmation with your Skip the Line St. Mark's Basilica Guided Tour with Gondola Ride vouchers shortly. You may display your voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point.
Calle Larga Ascensione, Venice